Monday, May 12, 2008

Sunday Mother's Day BBQ


This is how it all went down yesterday:
  • Rubber-Toe took over Daddy's shoes and cooked the Carne Asada while Gerardo passed out the latest Playboy issue to the cousins sitting at the table that were swallowing chips and salsa.
  • Tola washed the dishes.
  • Sira spent more than an hour on the phone trying to convince Lola to come over after she had a bad day with her husband.
  • Lola and Jeanie fell: Lola fell walking up the stairs to the kitchen and Jeanie didn't see the chair in front of her and tumbled over. Apparently this was not Lola's first fall, she claims to have bit the dust walking out of church that same day and swears up and down that no one saw her. But WE SURE did see (and heard) her fall at the bbq. Jeanie said she hit the pavement HARD! Too bad we didn't see that one.
  • No alcohol involved in neither incident.
  • Tola washed the dishes.
  • Gaby brought over the tinniest cheesecake ever and every single person wanted some. 
  • Omar came over and spent the entire day with us.
  • Tola washed more dishes.
  • Elena showed off her new purse.
  • Cathy was wearing table cloth shoes that fit Rubber-Toe.
  • We found hairs in the pasta salad and the green salad; neither hair belonged to Milo or Kenny.
  • Tola washed even more dishes.
  • Cecy got Parenting 101 
  • Rubber-Toe took a dump-load of pictures that he claims he will put up soon.
  • Apparently no mom got any fancy-pants Mother's Day gifts.
  • Jeanie had the BESTESSES Mother's Day ever as her hubby surprised her with a gift and 2 cards for the first time in 13-years. 
  • Chirsty and her baby were in attendance.
  • I ate over the recommended 2,000 calorie per day...maybe over 4,000 calories.
  • Tola washed all the dishes before heading back to Palm Springs.
Adeedodoo loves her family!

7 comments:

geefunk said...

LOL! Great recap. I swear I've been refreshing waiting for this. I knew you'd be on it. And I'm still waiting for Rob's pics so I can C&P onto my own blog!

One more thing - we [me, nancy, rob] spent a pretty penny on my mom's gift. So I beg to differ.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha. You're a Rooster?


[I just happened to click on your picture]

Excuse me, yo' mama said that she got a "cheapy" purse and that was it. Hahahaha. She better recognize. What did you guys get her?

geefunk said...

I can't believe her! We got her an assome necklace with vintage charms with our baby pictures inside. And it cost a pretty penny!

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha. She never told me about that gift! She only mentioned the purse. LOL.

Anonymous said...

sad not one of these facts is that i was missed =(

Anonymous said...

That was awesome...but I am at work and had to muffle my laughter. GREAT RECAP!!

Oh and Jessica, WE MISSED YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!

Anonymous said...

By the way, when my mom got home, she washed the dishes, at 11:30pm, that my dad had left from his dinner...

Read the Posts in Spanish