Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Mi Opinion


On May 6, 2008 Rubber Toe asked:

Why do patients need therapy? What do you talk to them about? Do they talk about anything they want?

Well Rubber Toe, clients (not patients) have a variety of mental health issues that lead to dysfunctional behavior or a decrease in their ability to do their daily living activities (cook, clean, go to work, wipe their ass right). Their mental health problems might have to do with drug use, being sexually abused, family problems…you get the point. So my job is to figure out the underlying problem and help them understand how it is affecting them. I change people’s distorted thoughts and encourage them to do better. I only spend 50 minutes 1x per week for maybe 6 t0 9 months with clients. But it’s a little more complicated than this. Do you need a Masters degree to do this? YES. Was it worth going to USC for this? NO. Why? Because I am paying more on my loans than I will make in my entire life!!!!


On May 7, 2008 Geefunk asked:

Do you have to wear heels and a suit to your new job?

Hell nah! But I do like to wear heels to work. No suit. We are not allowed to go very professional or dressed up with bling because of the population we serve. At most agencies employees are very casual. They encourage this and discourage the professional look because then our clients won’t be able to build that necessary relationship that is needed in therapy because they might see us as sell outs or too good to understand their issues. I don’t even wear my Tiffany jewelry because of that. My wardrobe is very H & M and Fashion 21 Oriented with expensive shoes!

On May 7, 2008 Anonymous asked:

So why is it that dog’s paws smell like Doritos?

I’m glad you asked. The same moldy bacteria and fungus that grows underneath the dogs paws after months (or years) of not cleaning them is the same type of ingredients used to make Cheesy Doritos.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gross!! good thing I eat sunchips made with solar energy... Hopefully nothing bad is in those chips

geefunk said...

Oooooo. I drink Sunny D that also has solar energy. I think ur confusing the 2 rob.

And I'm sorry you won't get to wear your designer clothes to work [cause that's what it sounds like]. Welcome to the real world where most of us poor folk paying loans shop. :p

Read the Posts in Spanish